Monday, May 23, 2011

Melatonin Moments

False hopes rise, in this, summer's May... adorned with strawberry viscera and perfumed decay. It wasn't always as such... fearing now, I've lost my way. All is, as it was... was, as it is. With those delicate and uncertain eyes... I've seen this all before it's born. You'll trade your repentance, for my forgiveness... yet never once will you mourn. These pages are blind and mute, with no scent to remember. Lipstick fingertips and smoke stained lips. The forbidden fruit, with intentions moot... tattooed by your milky will. Your eyes were jagged and cracked... the climatic finish to a hollow seasonal feast. As before, I have tainted your candied innocence... with it's bitterness lingering, it haunts me so. Knowing now, all that you retain... seeing you and all that I remain. How did we get so lost... at which turn did we stumble? Was it the photographs... or stripped ribbons of things left buried deep within. Transparent photographs bleed between the walls. As fingers wiggle, the children giggle... with the mind of porcelain dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment