Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Would Be Companions

Perhaps it is my perception, which admittedly is severe tainted, but it appears that I have the talent of repulsing people. Whether they're in the tangible or pixelated world, the end result is always the same. Cold, limp handshakes that lead to walking backwards or ignores and blocks. Am I that terribly offensive? Does the mere presence of me in a room turn the air sour... does the hideousness of my appearance cause people to vomit? Am I so socially awkward, where even on the internet, that people want nothing to do with me? Creepers, stalkers, pedophiles and filth get more recognition or acceptance than I do. I have become so low on the social scale, that a "Fuck You!" would be a warm embrace. Perhaps I should be grateful for the 17 years of continuous slander and abuse my puppets and stuffed companions gave me during childhood... it was attention after all. In a mind filled with agitators and condemners, one would think the silence and neglect would be a precious gift... we always want what we lack, yet it's never enough. I can't be something I am not... it's not possible for me to blend in with the sheep, clones and robots that flood this earthly plane. I am the puzzle piece that gets turned and mashed, turned and mashed, then thrown aside after realizing it has no place or purpose. It's only matter of time before that piece falls off of the table and is lost... is that my place? Have I fallen off... am I still here? Perhaps I am just the invisible pixel with no form or shape. If there was a void filled with the others like me... how many pieces would that be? I wouldn't be alone... perhaps two silent invisible pixels could be friends? No sight, taste, smell, touch or sound... nothing to offend. Are you there... am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment