Monday, December 7, 2009

Schizophrenia

It consumes me... my every breath, thought and action. The choir chimes in and the dancers dance their reckless rhythm... the skeletons rattle my closet door, leaving me restless and afraid. You said you loved me, needed me, wanted me... how easy these words roll off the tongues of the flesh. Never once being able to feel these pleas, nor the ability to speak them to myself... just the silent screams and cold touch of isolation greet my sheltered world. Every dream has been taken away and every bit of pride and satisfaction has been left shattered beyond all mending. It's been so long since I have heard my own voice... all I can hear is you and them, swimming in my head. I am the moppet... ripping my strings as I dance about in this performance of a lifetime. My arms bleeding from the rapid movements, yet they can never seem to bleed enough... the nightmare continues and I am put on stage once again. Rejection is a faithful companion... it's always there. Like a reflection in the mirror, it serves as a constant reminder... just like you... just like them. We wake, weep and tremble, but somehow I am the only one afraid. I have become aware of my obliviousness and blind to my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment