Monday, December 7, 2009

T.O.D. - The Failure of My Writing Career

"Would You Still Love Me?"


Would you still love me... if I told you I was cruel?
Forbidden or deranged?
Would you still love me... if I were sick in my old age?
Decrepit or decayed?
Would you still love me... if I run and hide away?
Distant or ashamed?

Stained teeth and fingertips... the smoke that I toke.
Broken bones and soul... the times I have fallen.
Stale breath and rasping voice... what comes from within.
Tired eyes and bruised heart... the long days I've seen.
Paranoid thoughts- was that about me?
Changing emotions... the intensity I bring.
Here today... gone tomorrow- thoughts...
I blow like the breeze.
Living in two worlds-
My own and reality.

Would you still love me... if only you knew-
Such words of love, I have spoken to you...
A tongue much quicker, it lashes too.
Words that tear...
Would you still love me... after all these things?
Would you still love me... accepting all?
My love... my hate-
All that flows within.
Would you still love me... just like I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment