Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Beautiful People

How much different would life be, if I was beautiful / handsome? It seems to be the moving force behind someone noticing your existence. People flock around beautiful people... like lemmings marching to their fate or a wolf to an injured prey. It doesn't matter if you're disgusting on the inside, it doesn't matter if you have zero talent... mindlessly they gather bringing trinkets of praise or manipulation. A good example would be a photography community known as "Flickr"... search for awhile and you will see with your own eyes. I was looking around there today and stumbled upon a young lady's page... perhaps in the range of 14-16 years old. She had posted on her main page her visit count and literally within weeks had over 9,000 different people come admire her "photographs". It wasn't her talent all of those people came to see, because there was none... just fluff, photoshop editing and flesh. The are some that post on Flickr that would be considered "less desirable" physically, but their photographs are beyond stunning... do they receive even a fraction of the praise, attention and comments- No. For someone like myself, this can be extremely hurtful. I am in no way handsome or desirable, whether it be inside or out... nor do I possess any form of talent. Does this make me of less importance in the world... does it mean I can't succeed with in my pursuits or dreams? It feels that way. However, this could just be another mass delusion and conspiracy I have imagined. I guess the real question would be... Does the world reject me because all they can see is my own self hatred?

No comments:

Post a Comment