Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Roads

Everyday I have been making efforts and reaching out in hopes someone will see me... to take notice, to feel. I take photographs and post them for people to see and think about... always with a comment about myself and the way I feel. I realize I'm an amateur and my skill is lacking in comparison, but no one even bothers to look at it... the message doesn't seep into their minds. I write in here, my most intimate of thoughts, and no one reads them... again no one feels. In a world full of eyes, no one sees. My thoughts of being insignificant and invisible only worsen by my continual attempts... inside I die a little more. How can this death be so prolonged... it seems to last an eternity. How much worse can someone feel, before they turn cold and numb and feel nothing at all? Admittedly, I live a very isolated life and I don't cross paths with the walking often... but even the people that see me everyday, within my own home, don't see. I sit at my desk and cry for hours. I take a fistful of medication so I can sleep and keep the nightmares away. The slashes across my arms, where I cut myself just to feel something other than the pain on the inside. Nothing registers, no one takes notice. I step outside to walk with the living with sorrow tattooed on my face and tears swelling in my eyes and no one notices... not one will ever approach me or offer me one pleasantry. How many tears can I cry... how much more can I bleed? How can it feel this wrong...


Listen & Feel

No comments:

Post a Comment