Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Greasing The Gears

Disclaimer: The words written within this blog may be offensive, brutally honest, violently blunt, and extremely graphic. Discretion is advised.

I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to have that written somewhere in here... no need to shock someone without fair warning. Moving on. I finally visited with my therapist today... it felt good to return to my safe place once again. I've been thinking about a way to help heal some of the damage that abuse can inflict on someone... it might prove to be fruitful, so it's worth a shot. I'm unsure if I'm ready for the task, but I am seriously thinking it over... the committee will be briefed and impart the final decision in due time. As I had mentioned in a previous comment, the verbal abuse I suffered as a child cut my soul deep... so deep in fact, that I still shudder at the thought of looking in the mirror or having my picture taken. I thought that one way to perhaps better myself and heal some of those old wounds would be a photo project. Everyday, I'd find a time to set aside to take a picture of myself and post it in my Flickr account... a dual project- a 365 project and a way to heal. The idea is frightful, but it may be a good for me... worst case scenario, I flood the internet with disgusting images. If it's something that I feel like I'm capable of attempting, I will post a link to my Flickr account so that perhaps some may follow along, if they so desire. I also changed my settings so that people could post comments more freely, so I would like to encourage all of you to come on by and say hello or share your thoughts and feelings. You have the right to speak freely and ask questions... I encourage you all to give it some thought.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it's been a few days..sometimes I get so busy with life, or/and sometimes I shut the world out.during those times I sometimes just feel the need for silence from the world. Im sure that's one of the things I like about your blog is that you write often...It sounds so therapetic.Honestly I think you've actually inspired me to start my own blog....Ive been thinking that it might help me to. Though Iam not as a good as a writer as you are. I do use facebook alot usually but I never put anything to detailed or tooo personal like I would if I were gonna write a blog. I guess the idea is scary to me just maybe in some ways that your doing this new Flicker project is for you.
    I by the way think that this idea is an awesome fantastic idea! I think it would help in your healing process and I totally support the idea and would be happy to claim my allegiance to visit everyday and give you my encouragement. Maybe if you do that, it would give the nerve to start my own blog:) Well something to think about it isn't it discuss with Richard and Diane.maybe they will all like the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Winona-

    I appreciate your encouragement. I try to write here everyday, but clearly I disappear once and awhile, myself. I really think you should start a blog, whether or not I start the photo project... it could be very healing for you. I will admit, at times it is hard... like when you don't have the energy or strength to write. It can also be discouraging to have a small audience... I've been there more than once. But all in all, it's been a great experience... and the readers I do have, I think they are all great and I appreciate them immensely. You definitely have my support and I will be a follower and regular commenter, as well. I hope you decide to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete