Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nothing Left

  I find myself to be not the puzzle, but just one piece. Swollen with blood and drool, snagged in the throats of children far too long... to be spat out as unwanted waste and debris. Nubby fingers stumble along the edges, trying to grasp and place the missing dialogue... my sides are cramped and disfigured, never to fit smoothly into place. Now withered and worn, I've been placed aside as the final piece... the one that has no place or companion, it's sits alone to be forced into it's final resting place. I stepped outside the box, and ran for freedom... only to find other puzzles already completed or sealed. Without direction, we rested our weary edges on the callous, cold pavement... waiting to be swept away.

I know now without a shadow of a doubt that I have a heart and can indeed feel something... because it's fucking breaking into a million pieces.

3 comments:

  1. This one was deep. Wow bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am I puzzle peice for you. Your not alone. You have my care and friendship. Even though I get get carried away with life at times Iam not ever to far gone that you my dear friend are not in my heart. I wish I could pick up all your pieces and fit them together. Life is what it is but one thing for sure NEVER NEVER think that there is No one out there who doesnt care for you. I do. Hold on:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support, ShinyNoni... it is good to see you. I was starting to learn that very lesson... those words of comfort and hope. Now that it is gone, I have to find a way to stand once more so that I may find it again.

      Delete