Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bathed In Grass & Downy Feathers

It wasn't long, but had been long coming... for a moment there, I was actually almost what would be considered happy. The choir had quieted themselves, the memories and guilt faded, and I forgot about the prison I dwell in... no mortal or moral chains, no illnesses, no what if's. I was there. It ended suddenly, I remembered who I was at first, then the limitations... Richard began laughing and I felt a disconnection. Perhaps it was an error in judgement, some foolish lapse of reason, or perhaps a weakness developed from years of running scared... the reflection came into full view and the little future I have to look forward to. It may have been stupid on my part, letting my feet leave the ground... but for that moment, I saw something, I felt something. Now it's gone and I can vaguely remember the sensations. The sorrow and reality consumes me now... but for just a moment, I was free. Free indeed... it was worth the price and the moment I felt it leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment