Thursday, May 3, 2012

Photographs, Tea, And Me

Here we are again... another month has passed and I feel the same. The medication hasn't really helped all that much and the difficulty in following through with this project hasn't lessened either. Although, today will be my 31st day of taking and posting hideous pictures of my gaping maw. It's hard to see this project and follow-through as an accomplishment... yes I've been diligent, but I still hate looking at myself. All I see are flaws and how disgusting and revolting I must appear to people... fat, ugly, worthless. I imagine most people are wondering why I'm only taking pictures of myself instead of other people or objects... they must think I'm incredibly vain. "Oh wow! I'm so fucking handsome! I must take more and more pictures of myself... I just can't get enough!". Truth be told, I'm surprised my lens hasn't shattered due to the constant exposure of my despicable features. I suppose in that regard, this project has been a complete failure... I hate myself just as much as before and I can't seem to find one likable piece of flesh. Someone should just kill me and put us all out of our misery... then picture wouldn't have to look upon this mess.

There has been a slight amount of success in contacting strangers to be friends... recently, two people agreed to take a chance on me. Something is missing though... it seems empty in a lot of ways. Perhaps it's just a matter of time and adjustment. At least someone took an interest and I wasn't rejected as usual... there is something positive in that I suppose. Every time I try this experiment, it seems as if the communication and writing happens only because I initiate it... if I never write to them, then there would be no contact at all. Is it an unreasonable request that I find someone that writes me because they want to, rather than just replying? Perhaps it's just a matter of perspective? Maybe it's just an inner reflection of the emptiness and lack of self-worth. It makes me feel even more pathetic... wishing someone would show eagerness and interest in getting to know me. "Hey, I was thinking of you today and..."...something like that. I'm so fucking stupid and hopeless... I suppose it wouldn't matter anyway. No matter what someone tried to do, I'd find some way to negate it and infuse myself deeper with paranoia. Fuck...

2 comments:

  1. I SO relate to what you're saying here. I also feel pathetic, when I get all excited about someone actually seeming to show interest. I'll post something and I feel like breadcrumbs would satisfy my need to feel recognized, in some way or other.I wish there was a mirror or a lens I could look into that would show me that I am a good, honest, true and real person. I thank you , as always, for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more and more I talk with you, I find comfort in knowing our meeting in this lifetime, was meant to be. I hear your words and understand those feelings of doubt... the brief moment of the idea of happiness and companionship. If we scream loud enough, together, perhaps one day someone will hear the cries. For now, we'll remind each other and be the mirror we both need... I know it's not a solution, but I believe we are both honest people. Our words should carry some merit. Be well, Marlene... our thoughts and strength are with you.

      Delete