Friday, November 26, 2010

T.O.D. - Dusted In A Cardboard Grave

I was again looking through some of my writings... part of me has been entertaining the idea of trying to finish revamping my book and pushing once again to have it published. Of course, the cat and the choir think this is pure insanity. I have spent many recent nights listening to this constant rambling and ridicule and I am quite worn down... I wonder if there is a limit to the amount of tears the body can produce in any given amount of time. More things to ponder, perhaps. Against the wishes of "the collective", I have decided to post another poem from the past. It was written long ago, but it still has a story within it... somewhere.



"Touched Me Within"

It was a dream, or so it seemed to me-
Another normal night, wrapped in fantasy.
I sat alone in the dark, looking in wait-
Then I met you, as the hour turning late.
With simple smiles and names exchanged-
Never thinking my life would rearrange.
In those words and a little time shared-
A dream glowed and feelings had flared.
Pleasure was mine, to be welcomed by you-
A friend and companion; possibly more too.
I can not wait until time unites us again-
For you have touched me; touched me within...

No comments:

Post a Comment