Sunday, November 7, 2010

All Along The Watchtower

"There must be some way out of here" said the joker to the thief.
"There's too much confusion", I can't get no relief.

So much to say and so very little voice. Here again, I find myself writing on these pages... this is a sanctuary. I can allow the insanity to spew with no reprisal... an empty house full of broken windows and no one to pass the spectacle. My rock now covered in moss and sea foam rejects my grip... the waves toss me around. Beaten with a fiery passion... I crash to and fro, smashing my face against that which I used to cling. There is music, there is always music... strumming and singing their lovely lullaby. The constant reminder of how safe and warm it will feel... no remorse, just stop fighting. Is it really warm and tingling when you experience love... like the sun breaking through stormy skies? Perhaps, but their honesty is two sided... there is a cost for everything. They say the most painful experience a human goes through is breathing for the very first time... precious, life giving air... with a cost. The price is letting go... in exchange, that peace I have yearned. Even by the trusted tongues, I have been informed this life, my prison, will only intensify. In the end, perhaps rotting in a hospital like my dear uncle... no one sees him and his keepers allow him no peace or memory. Good-bye horses, I'm flying over you. Searching for that warmth has been my one desire... someday, we'll never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment