Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sour Grapes & Apples Of Sodom

The past two days have been laced with the bitterness and sorrow of yesterdays... the things left buried will only spoil the earth. It's been a reflection, a mirrors jagged shards sticking out of my chest... it's sucking madness pulls at the fibers once sewn together. The smiles, the tears, the sweat, the laughter... lubrication for the blood that followed. I remember, you remember, we remember... those pages only hid us both for so long. Years later, stepping into my role, can you allow the memories to dance and give birth to the ignored ire... as I've cut and stabbed the former life, now shall you, with every breath, join the dissection. But for just one moment, close your eyes and remember... remember.

It was cold, dark, and lonely... like so many of those nights, the wind shook the walls and like creeping death, the freezing air violated the warmth our bodies craved. Graced with the position of guardian and protector, your eyes laughed with love and comfort, as we laid together in a place where time ceased to exist... a space of no boundaries, where touch was welcomed and soothing. The invitation that followed, seemingly innocent and natural, became tainted quickly... the spoiled milk and matted hair would distance us forever more. Together, we laughed and smiled. Together, I watched you cry. As the hunger burned deeper and the sweat blinded clarity, the moments came and passed but we'd suffer alone... remembering alone, I wept alone. The apple grew strong, once it was plucked from the blinded eye and now in time, you've remembered... yet still, we suffer and weep alone. It was never washed from my mind, the moments of feasting on innocence... never once was it safer for me to forget, unlike you. Those days are gone and the edges still cutting deep within my chest, have found their way into yours... removing the mask, removing the love, left only with those memories. Let not your fruit be spoiled, nor my memory praised... the time has come to wake and hate, what I've known since long before.

No comments:

Post a Comment