Monday, July 23, 2012

Bury One, To Birth The Other

Once again, time has been altered... this time due to a fault of my own. The Devil's pills and festered wills... that quelled the din within. There is little doubt that my appearances have once again become scattered and my style somewhat altered... the stage was cleared and I was left alone to swim through the emotions and vibrations of day to day living. Writing had become difficult... almost torturous. I would have to actually sit down and calm myself and focus before I could write even the simplest form of expression. Never before had this been a problem... the blood was backing up in my throat, and the children began to drown. After much thought and several breakdowns, I stopped swallowing the poisonous pill. It has only been but a few days, but already I feel The Choir gaining strength and Richard his resolve. The breakdowns were triggered but all of this overwhelming emotion... new and old ones alike, I'm just not equipped to interpret all of these incoming transmissions. One Station with a magnitude of operators... that's how things have always been. And so they shall be once more. I was terribly lonesome and afraid... with no one left to council or console me in my time of need. When the waters became too high there was no one left to steer the ship. I could never leave center stage and escape into the quiet... the bitter, sweet torments of the quiet. Stillness was removed. Richard had all but grown quiet, but never fully gone... he demonstrated his true will and strength the day of my last breakdown. Filled with rage, he made me realize that you cannot run from who you are... it's always there, waiting. Enter the breakthrough... it's time for a new game. It was then that I realized, truly and fully, the real problem... it's not Richard or The Choir, the problem is me. All of this time I've been focusing my thoughts and energy on the past and how terrible of a man and human being I truly was... was, being the operative word. Sure, I have a past... several in fact. I've done unspeakable things and committed heinous acts against God, Nature, and Humanity... these things can never be changed. No matter how much blood and sweat I spill, there is erasing the past... it is written and it is done. What I didn't understand was that I am not subject to live in the past... I must live for today. The man that lived for the flesh is gone... his deeds may remain, his guilt, his shame. But that man was buried long ago... it is time I let him rest and forget. Instead there is myself, taking his place and moving on in this world, in life. Despite the past, I realized that I am a good man... the man that is here now. An honorable, giving, thoughtful and respectful man. I may not be perfect, but what I am... ain't all that fucking bad.

2 comments:

  1. I love you for the person you are! As long as you arent goin to hurt yourself then just keep being the man you are. You are a good person that has done bad things. We have all given in to certain evils here and there, as long as you know that they were wrong and are willing to leave that past alone, I think you will succeed. Besides all in all for all of us, Time is running out. We have about as many years as we are alive before we die, you know, for the most part. I am a truly remarkable exception who will live for at least 100 years old. hahaha. Thank you for sharing some very intimate parts of your life with us. You are a st rong person. God Bless and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your continual compassion and support are a blessing... gratitude would be a poor excuse of expression. The war has been tiring and brutal. My hopes are that one day I will be able to see the value, courage, and goodness that others claim to see in myself... each day I try and die all over again. And although you thank me for sharing these pieces of myself, I thank you, and everyone else, for listening and finding value in these words.

      Delete