Sunday, January 23, 2011

Upon Deaf Ears

It has been awhile since I have written... several factors involved. Part of me has given up and lost it's voice... my artistic scream to the world has fallen upon deaf ears. Other parts have been too confused with the complexity of emotions and running from plastic men in petticoats... women with their fashionable mustaches. Depression has nuzzled it's way into my daily routine once again... it was rude to be an invited for the evening, then staying through the weekend. Emotions are mannerless... always thinking of themselves. Was it the way she pursed her lips or the way he raised his brow that captivated me in such a way... bringing me to my knees in supplication? How I love the dance and enticing music... it bends my will and breaks my spirit. Leaving that sticky taste and empty feeling, rotting in pit of my stomach. Turn down the lights... it's warm before the draft. Your embrace... turn down the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment