Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Zephyr, My Moon

Karma, it always finds you. When I was younger... a head full of ego and self importance... I used to seek out the vulnerable as prey. It gave me a feeling of self worth, power and a rush of excitement... life. The disease in my mind, over the years, has made me very fragile... vulnerable. Now I have become the prey... the hunted. It has come full circle. Though I am now older and have, for the most part, put the childish behavior to rest... I am still accountable for my wrong doings. Therefore, karma has the right to make me her quivering bitch at a whim's notice. With wounded pride, shattered heart and more fear in my heart towards the world and those that dwell in it... I am forced to move on. It hurt beyond words, to be led to the slaughter... lied to, built up, then torn down. No remorse or reasons given... you left my life just as quickly as you came. I had little to nothing before... now, I have nothing. I put my faith in your words and began to trust the songs you sang to me nightly... like dripping wax, they seeped into my mind. Leaving now a cool, hardened echo... I may never hear those songs again from another voice. Scar tissue filters out all of what could be and I am left to dwell in the ramblings of my insanity. If there was anything left to feel betrayed or broken... I don't know if I could handle this sorrow. But you took it all from me, every last piece. I should be grateful and offer some reward... for I am dead inside. There's nothing... I am numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment